The Program Review Oversight Committee (PROC) is a joint Administration/Academic Senate committee that oversees the academic program review process. PROC is a prime example of shared governance at UC Berkeley.
Membership includes the following academic administrators and Senate committees:
- Vice Provost for Academic Planning (VPAP), and Chair of PROC
- Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost (EVCP)
- Vice Chancellor for Equity and Inclusion (VCE&I)
- Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education (VCUE)
- Vice Provost for the Faculty (VPF)
- Dean or Associate Dean of the Graduate Division (GD)
- Chair of the Committee on the Budget and Interdepartmental Relations (BIR)
- Chair of the Committee on Academic Planning and Resources Allocation (CAPRA)
- Chair of the Undergraduate Council (UGC)
- Chair of the Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Campus Climate (DECC)
- Chair of the Graduate Council (GC)
- Executive Director, Office of Planning and Analysis (OPA)
- Chief of Staff to the Vice Provost for Academic Planning
Each of the five committees (BIR, CAPRA, DECC, GC, and UGC) of the Academic Senate listed above assign one of its members to each program review to represent the committee during the review and to write a report based on all the review documents. The accumulated reports form the basis for the deliberations and final report of the Divisional Council (DIVCO) of the Academic Senate.
The College of Letters and Sciences Executive Committee is advisory to PROC for the review of L&S departments.